Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Baby Foxes


I went to my girlfriends parent's house for Easter. They live about an hour outside of DC in the country and have about 12 acres of land.

There is a Fox den in part of their yard and I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to see three young Foxes out playing around for a bit. I didnt see the mother, so I am not sure if they snuck out of the den or if mom let them go out on their own.

I tried to sneak up on them and it seemed to work as I got pretty close. They seemed too busy playing to notice me. However once I started snapping pictures, I think they could hear my camera, but still didnt manage to spot me. Finally I walked up on them and they retreated back in the den. One guy kept playing peek-a-boo with me. He'd pop his head up and look at me and then jump back down. When I got about 6 ft from the den, they went back inside for good and didnt come back out.

I got some pretty good pictures of them. Ive never seen baby fox, I was surprised what they looked like. Id say almost a cross between puppies and bear cubs.

The rest of my baby Fox pictures can be seen here: http://www.framehousephotography.com/babyfoxes

No comments:

Post a Comment