Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My First Paid Engagement Photo Session


I did my first paid photo session last month with Sarah and Keith. It was an engagement shoot, and I am also doing their wedding in September, which is also a first for me. I was pretty nervous. Taking pictures of still life as a hobby is totally different than posing and photographing people who are paying you.

We met down at the National Mall and did random shots for about an hour. I had fun and I think they did too, once we warmed up to each other. I learned that I need to learn how to talk and shoot at the same time. That's harder than you think it would be. I also need to experiment more with my flash and learn how to use it better.

Overall, I am happy with the results and so were the customers. I have lots of room for improvement, but for my first try at it, I think I did a descent job.

Here are some of the better shots from the engagement set...

No comments:

Post a Comment