Saturday, May 9, 2009

DC Roller Girls Championship


I attended the 2009 DC Roller Girls Championship. It was between the Cherry Blossom Bombshells and the DC Demon Cats. I also brought my new 400mm lens with me and made sure to get a lot of use out of it.

The DC Demon Cats took the championship, but only by a small margin as it was neck and neck during the whole match. It actually was very excited and entertaining to watch. The crowd was certainly in to it. The only bad thing was the humidity...I was soaked with sweat by the end of the night.

The half time show was great too. It was a jump roping crew may up of local kids and they were quite good. They got a standing ovation at the end of their performance.

This concluded this seasons Roller Girls matches...too bad I'll be in Korea next year this time.I enjoyed going to the bouts. I wonder if they have Roller Derby in Korea?

Click here to see the rest of the pictures:
http://www.framehousephotography.com/dcrollergirlchamp

No comments:

Post a Comment